Plans are now available!
After making my post apocalyptic camper I was curious to know what space could be afforded bending a sheet of coroplast end to end. This is one of my preliminary drawings.
I was planning on using a single thickness entry wall and door but this proved too flimsy. I tried a 1/4″ mahogany plywood wall and door, but I later decided to go all coroplast to keep the structure simple and recyclable.
A double wall door with a small window and sun visor was added. A 20 yard roll of 2″ yellow duct tape covers the exposed zip tie holes.
The door hinge was made by cutting the coroplast on one side of the outer layer, going against the flutes. The inside layer was made smaller to act as a door jam.
The lock hasp, inside latch and fastening bolts and nylon lock nuts are the only metal hardware on the shelter. An insect screen covers the vent holes on the front and rear.
Later I added a flap on the rear to prevent condensation while sleeping. I spray painted a camo scheme on half the shelter to see how it looked and how long it would last compared to bare Coroplast.
It’s been exposed to the elements now for almost 5 year. I give the roof a ‘punch’ every now and then to see if it cracks. Besides the duct tape getting brittle the Coroplast is still holding up well.